Thursday, April 06, 2006

One of these things is not like the other....

I'm here! Betcha didn't know I was going anywhere, huh? I got up at 4:30 this morning (gasp!) and flew home to NC. I am in my cousin's wedding on Saturday, so I have arrived for all of the affiliated festivities. Thus far I have tied many little ribbons on many little vases and made place cards. Fun! In just two short days I will get to wear a vibrantly pink bridesmaid dress. (It actually looks nice, and it's a nice change from the three [3] periwinkle numbers that I already own.)
I am a touch Gus-sick. He cried and screamed from his room when I left this morning. That dog sees a suitcase and has a meltdown. The wailing could certainly be heard from miles away. He will be staying with his Auntie and Uncle who own the pugs, one of whom has a mad crush on him. You might remember last year about this time when he was there and had The Incident? Yeah. That. We had a long talk last night about how to treat other animals with respect. I think he was listening.
On a comical note, you must remember the parent who yelled at me on a field trip last fall then treated me like the scum of the earth for the rest of the year? Really a lovely woman. Her husband also emailed us that he had "heard quite enough from teh fourth grade teachers this year and would not address [this] until after the new year" just before holiday break. You will not be surprised to hear that we did not receive a gift from these parents. We did however receive some [possibly tainted] candy, which we all promptly threw in the trash.
Anyway. Same parent! Emails me yesterday wanting to know if I would babysit her kids for 3 nights and 4 days. She needed someone single and responsible and she knew that I was single. She wanted to make sure that someone was there to give them a bath and drive them to their activities.
[pause]
This is wrong on so many levels that I'm not even going to comment upon them. Let's make it a game, kind of like What's Wrong With This Picture? My game is called How Many Things Can You Find Wrong With This Scenario? I'll add more if you miss any. Did I mention that this woman has a well-known habit of suing people? Did I mention that she has tried to make me say that her son has ADD so that she can trap me? Okay, now go.

No comments: