Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pigs' 2009 Reads

It's remarkable how much having kids affects my ability to read. Well, not my actual ability...more my time. There's just too many other things to do.

I enjoyed finishing the Twilight series, that was good times. I think my favorites were Firefly Lane and The Fixer Upper for light reading. The Shack was the most interesting. 1, 2, 3 Magic was the most useful. Ironically, I think I left it off this list, which shows you the kind of reading I did this year. Nineteen Minutes was really good, scary and a fast read.

Once again, I hope to read more in the coming year. I used to unfailingly read 50-60 books a year and now? Alas. Children. I thought it was to be blamed on TV, but here we are at the end of the year and I have an entire season of Grey's Anatomy, Glee, and Cougar Town just sitting on my DVR. Who knew?


18. The Shack, by William P. Young


17. Best Friends Forever, by Jennifer Weiner


16. Dreamland, by Sarah Dessen


15. Fixer Upper, by Mary Kay Andrews


14. Twenties Girl, by Sophie Kinsella


13. On Mystic River, by Kristin Hannah


12. The Truth About Forever, by Sarah Dessen


11. Firefly Lane, by Kristin Hannah


10. Such a Pretty Fat, by Jen Lancaster


9. Love and Logic for Early Childhood, by Jim Fay


8. Nineteen Minutes, by Jodi Picoult


7. Breaking Dawn, by Stephenie Meyer



**Long pause during which I did not note books that I read**



6. Chasing Harry Winston, by Lauren Weisberger


5. That Summer, by Sarah Dessen


4. Someone Like You, by Sarah Dessen


3. Eclipse, by Stephenie Meyer


2. The Boy Book, by E.Lockhart


1. New Moon, by Stephenie Meyer

No comments: