Saturday, January 01, 2011

Pigs' 2010 Reads

I am beyond vexed that I didn't make my yearly goal of 50 books because there was plenty of time for me to do so. The problem was that I don't know where the end of December went. One day, I had a whole week left, and then all of a sudden, it was January. Someone took the end of December. And I had read 49 and a half books. Blast!! I still elect to maintain that my reading aloud to Piglet every day should count for something, so in honor of that, I bring you #50:

50ish: The majority of the Magic Tree House series, by Mary Pope Osborne and Ralph S. Mouse, by Beverly Cleary

There you have it! Voila! Now, perhaps a brief opinion and my thoughts of each book.

49. Dead as a Doornail, by Charlaine Harris (True Blood Vampire series. My, um, bathroom reading)


48. Alexander and the Wonderful, Marvelous, Excellent, Terrific Ninety Days: An Almost Completely Honest Account of What Happened to Our Family When Our Youngest ... Came to Live with Us for Three Months, by Judith Viorst (Listened to book on tape. Really funny if you've ever stayed at your parents' with kids)


47. Anastasia Absolutely, by Lois Lowry (Favorite middle school ish series)


46. Anastasia at This Address, by Lois Lowry


45. Swapping Lives, by Jane Green (Listened to in car. Light read about single woman switching lives with woman with kids in burbs)


44. Mini Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella (Uhh....super light reading)


43. Pants on Fire, by Meg Cabot (Lighter than above)


42. Last Night at Chateau Marmont, by Lauren Weisberger (Good read)


41. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett (Awesome read! A book club book)


40. Here's to You, Rachel Robinson, by Judy Blume (Middle school follow up. Bleh.)


39. The Late, Lamented Molly Marx, by Sally Koslow (Funny!)


38. The Cardturner, by Louis Sachar (Love this writer. Miss teaching.)


37. The Hour I First Believed, by Wally Lamb (Good, depressing, loooooong.)


36. Dead to the World, by Charlaine Harris (Bathroom. Vampires.)


35. The Manny, by Holly Peterson (Soap opera esque, but I liked it a lot)


34. The Wednesday Sisters, by Meg Waite Clayton (Really good. Would make good discussion book.)


33. Flyaway Home, by Jennifer Weiner (Was okay. Read for book club. Liked author better in earlier books)


32. Restoring Grace, by Katie Fforde (Good. Too British. Interesting renovation stuff.)


31. Same Soul, Many Bodies, by Brian Weiss (Past life regression. AMP got me hooked. Fascinating.)


30. Driftwood Summer, by Patti Callahan Henry (Good.)


29. Club Dead, by Charlaine Harris (I poop a lot.)


28. The Last Summer (of You and Me), by Ann Brashares (Good in a teenager way)


27. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson (Book club. Really liked it. About to start second one.)


26. Many Lives, Many Masters, by Brian Weiss (More past lives. This one started it.)


25. Along for the Ride, by Sarah Dessen (I like this writer. Nothing deep here.)


24. Heart of the Matter, by Emily Giffin (Average.)


23. Living Dead in Dallas, by Charlaine Harris (Potty. Vamps.)


22. Keeping the Moon, by Sarah Dessen (teen)


21. Perfect Fifths, by Megan McCafferty (I read the first four in this series, but it's lost steam for me.)


20. Nanny Returns, by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (Liked it.)


19. The Carrie Diaries, by Candace Bushnell (Kind of a let down.)


18. 3 Willows, by Ann Brashares (Cute)


17. Just Listen, by Sarah Dessen (Teen)


16. Miss Understanding, by Stephanie Lessing (Good one. Pool book)


15. The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein (Book Club. Good, but a tear jerker)


14. Identical Strangers, A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited (Non-fiction, fascinating!)


13. The Next Thing on My List, by Jill Smolinski (I liked this one, it was light, but good.)


12. Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris (Wow. I read a lot of vamps in the bathroom)


11. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer (Book club. Terrible. Don't read it.)


10. My Horizontal Life, by Chelsea Handler (Funny, but too raunchy for my pristine mind.)


9. L.A. Candy, by Lauren Conrad (Strangely fun to read. Thought it would be dumb.)


8. Lock and Key, by Sarah Dessen (Good(


7. Going Rogue, by Sarah Palin (Gave me a girl crush on Sarah Palin.)


6. A Piece of Cake, by Cupcake Brown (My book club pick. Read it if you haven't. It was a lively meeting.)


5. It Sucked and Then I Cried, by Heather Armstrong (Can't go wrong with Dooce)


4. Audition, by Barbara Walters (Very long winded, but the early years were interesting.)


3. Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons, by Lorna Landvik (Book club pick. Eh. Didn't really like it the first time I read it either.)


2. Small Town Odds, by Jason Headley (Like this one a lot. It was kind of a random pick.)


1. Practically Perfect, by Katie Fforde (Cute. British. House renovation.)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh no!  You seriously didn't like The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society???  That is one of my favorite books (even though I can't quit crying whenever I read it).

Sarah said...

What? I'm shocked to hear that you gated Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society. It's one of my favorites too! Surely you must be joking??!!