Monday, April 10, 2006

The Dreaded High Crack

Weddings are usually a lot of fun and this one was no exception. My favorite part, though? The Incident at the restaurant where my mom and I hosted the bridesmaid luncheon.
It has come to my attention that the low rise pants trend may be slightly out of control. Me? I adore low rise pants because they are the first pant to come in style that actually fits me. Upon extensive discussion with various relatives, we discovered that there are two types of women in my family: those who can wear low rise pants and those who cannot. We will call them High Cracks and Low Cracks.
It seems that I am fortunate to be blessed with a Low Crack. My sister and cousin are afflicted with the dreaded High Crack, making the wearing of low rise pants tricky at best. However, they do their best to either wear them tastefully or to avoid them altogether. Some people just insist on wearing them at any cost. These people need to invest in some type of protective covering device. Perhaps a cape. This is what my sister spotted in the [relatively nice] restaurant in which we were hosting said luncheon. I, of course, had to snap a picture with my blog readers in mind. Ignore the nice lady in the purple frock and look carefully in the background. Now imagine eating your lunch and having 17 people staring at you while pointing and laughing. Hypothetically, of course.



It also has been brought to my attention by both my sister and cousineddie that I have got to stop standing about like a horse. Ever since my high school prom, all pictures of me in a dress involve a stance as though I'm about to leap upon a horse and ride off. Take a wild guess which one is me:


Giddyap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Which one is you?

Nobody looks pregnant, so couldn't guess.

Mark

PS:Congrats!