Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Oh, look.....dirt!

After reading this post and laughing hysterically for approximately two days, I was moved at baseball practice today to begin taking mental notes on what is going on in the head of my almost-five-year-old during his second baseball practice today. I imagine it went something like this as a series on thoughts:

1. Look at all that dirt!
2. Hey, where's my friend?
3. Hey! Pigpen's playing with toys! No fair!
4. Why am I here again?
5. This dirt remind of ant hills.
6. Holy crap! What if there's ants in my shoes?
7. My foot hurts.
8. I'm hungry. I'm getting a drink.
9. What coach?
10. Oh. It's my turn. What are we doing?
11. My feet are stinging. I think I have an ant bite.
12. Ooh! I can twirl with this bat! Wheeeee!
13. Whoa. I feel sick. Is it my turn?
14. PIGPEN IS EATING! I CAN SEE HIM!
15. Why is this guy throwing balls at me?
16. This helmet is hard.
17. Ooh! That's a funny sound.
18. I need to tell my friend to knock on his helmet.
19. Where's my friend?
20. This dirt is fluffy. I wonder if I can make a pile?
21. QUIT THROWING BALLS AT ME!
22. I hit one with the bat. Whew.
23. Run where? What? Why?
24. This base is soft.
25. That kid is chasing me!
26. What is second base? Huh? WHAT?!
27. Hey! Cleats make patterns! Where's my friend?
28. It's like rainbows.
29. It's cloudy today. I wonder what's for dinner.
30. Pigpen is eating AGAIN! No fair!
31. I'm thirsty.
32. I want to blow on this dirt.
33. Why is it so soft?
34. THAT KID IS CHASING ME AGAIN!
35. This base is soft too. Jump. Jump.
36. I like how the dirt puffs up when you jump on it.
37. What happened to my glove?
38. Where is Pigpen? Does he have stickers?!
39. I'm not having fun.
40. Where's my friend going?
41. He's going to his mom! I'm going too.
42. MOMMY IS SO MEAN!
43. I'm thirsty.
44. I need my hat.
45. This one doesn't knock as good.
46. What do you mean no kicking dirt?
47. Coaches are mean.
48. This ball is slippery.
49. Where's my friend?
50. I'm chasing him! Catch the ball!
51. Ooh, cleats are tricky.
52. This dirt feels good.
53. My feet sting.
54. Oh, no, Pigpen is NOT eating my string cheese!

Et cetera. It's no two year old train of thought, but it's pretty much all Piglet could talk about today. I'm not sure baseball is a) for him or b) for me. Let's wait and see.

No comments: