Thursday, May 07, 2009

Ennui

I'm stupid tired, but I'm trying to make an effort at this blogging gig to see if I can get my mojo back.

The highlights of today really aren't that exciting to anyone but me, but no one told you that you had to read and here you are! First, the guy showed up to fix our AC which has been out for about two weeks upstairs where the boys' rooms are. He was Chatty McYapperson. And stupid? Stupid! It drives me a little nuts when people are clearly stupid and try to act smart. He covered such topics as the stimulus package (he's opposed), the swine flu (also opposed), and my need to get my attic spray foam insulated. Then he explained to me how a coil works, which is what he was supposed to be replacing, not discussing. He arrived at 9:30 and departed at 12:40. Guess who didn't get a shower until 3? That would be me.

Then suddenly around 6pm Pigpen got fussy, fell asleep for 10 minutes and spiked a 103 degree temperature. Huh?? He's been teething for a couple of weeks and he's a drainer, not a drooler, so I suspect another ear infection. He just had one a few weeks ago from the same thing. But he's had no symptoms....eating well, sleeping well, playing well. Weird. I guess I get to make another trip to the pediatrician in the morning, which is always a delight when I have to take Piglet too.

His single goal in a doctor's office is to catch germs. He touches every nasty thing that I said I would never let my kids touch. Then once in the exam room, he opens every drawer, prowls through the trash and tries to exit. I can't figure out why all pediatrician's offices - and I've checked 5 now - have lever door handles. Seriously?? Why can't people think?

Anyway, the big news is that I got a haircut this evening for the first time since August 5th. Don't judge me. I moved across the country with an 8 week old and a 2 year old. Things have been busy. I swear, I lost a pound when she cut my hair. My head is so light and free now. I just want to swish my hair around. I dread tomorrow when I try to fix it myself and wind up looking like a styled poodle of sorts. Bygones, I lost a pound.

And with that stimulating news update, it's time for me to turn in. I've got my 10:00 hungry on and the urge to watch some TV. Later taters.

No comments: