Friday, June 20, 2008

An Update on the Update

Dr. OB just visited. He said he thinks I am the only woman he has ever seen who is electively breastfeeding, but using ice packs. I offered to show him the corners of my boob, but he politely declined. He also explained that he will be keeping me here another night due to the update he got from Dr. Urine.

Dr. Urine ordered a CT Scan this morning and identified the jerk of a kidney stone that has been tormenting me these last few weeks. It is hovering on the edge of my bladder, quivering with anticipation as it waits to exit. It was delayed by the presence of Little Piggie pushing 8 pounds of boy down upon it. A collecting agent has been installed on my potty and I have offered a prize to whichever nurse should strain the offending stone. It is 3mm wide and Dr. Urine thinks it has a 90% chance of coming out. If it doesn't, he's going to go get it. He also alerted me that there are two more stones, one in each kidney. The one in my right kidney is 7mm wide. It will not be passed, but will have to be blasted with a laser. And my kidney is swollen from the backups of recent weeks.

Little Piggie is still in his jaundice tanning bed. His levels dropped yesterday, but they are giving him one more day to bring them down further. He is on track to lose his IV today and increase his liquids. He is nursing like a champ. I have no idea how he is able to latch onto these deformed boobies, but he does it. As the cords are removed from him and the tape taken off of his face, he's getting cuter and cuter. He has fuzzy blonde hair like Piglet and his eyes are still blue, but will probably change. He does not like to be messed with. Diaper changes, cord adjustments, his cool shades that protect his eyes from his tanning bed....these things are unacceptable to Little Piggie.

No comments: