Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Presto Chango

Ta-da! Shower number two completed successfully. Plenty of beer and wine to go around. Food was tasty and unhealthy, as only shower food should be. I rediscovered an old dip of mine (Wicked Awesome Sausage Queso, recipe at bottom) and whipped that up and YUM! I've been missing out not making that for several years. It's most appropriate for a tailgate or a Super Bowl party, maybe a cookout, but somehow it worked for this event too. My cholesterol is still coming down. Okay, that's a total lie because I'm sitting here eating it right now. Right now! I cannot lie to you, my internet friends.

After having four rounds of company since Christmas, I suddenly feel a sense of loss. A letdown. I have NO company planned at all! Zero. That may be due to the fact that we're going home in a few weeks for the wedding and will see everyone there. But it's still kind of boring around here with nothing to plan for. Plus it's all cloudy and bleak outside, so it's hard to get very excited.

New topic? Sleep. I have been getting vast amounts of it since Piglet has decided to sleep copious amounts of hours at night. I think my system is in shock. Five months of crazy wacked out nutso sleep bursts and then suddenly.....nine hours? In a row? My body has no idea how to react, so it's tired. How did I acheive this Instant Sleep? We cried it out. Go ahead, blast me. It won't bother me because it worked! And Piglet's just as cheerful as always. Poof!

Really Awesome Wicked Cool Sausage Queso:

Brown one pound of sausage. Use the reduced fat kind to make you feel better. In a bowl, mix 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened. Use the 1/3 reduced fat kind to make you feel better. Add 10 oz grated sharp cheddar, 1/2 cup salsa, and a can of Ro-Tel tomatoes. Mix with mixer. Or beat with beaters. Whatever floats your boat. Stir in drained sausage and cook at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Put out tortilla chips and eat like a pig.

No comments: