Saturday, March 31, 2007

ABCluster

Perhaps I've been reading too many baby books of late which go over and over (and over) the ABC's. Maybe I've been singing the ABC song to Piglet a bit too much. I'm not sure what the deal is exactly, but I've started to dwell on the alphabet and have some issues with it. How can you have issues with the alphabet? one might ask. I've shared my view of a year before. I've told you how number and letters have colors in my mind. I think it all goes along with that. I tend to dwell a smidge too much for my own good. On to my troubles.

1. I am annoyed that I have realized that the ABC song is the same tune as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I managed to make it through 30 years of my life without making this connection and now? It's driving me crazy. My wacked out mind won't allow me to sing one without singing the other at the same time to see if they truly match. I've started blending them together and I'm going to totally confuse Piglet as he enters his formative years. I can see it now: Piglet enters pre-school, proud to already know his ABC's. When asked to perform before the awed class, he clears his throat and sings, "A, B, C, D, E, F, G.....how I wonder what you are. Q, R, S, T, U, V, like a diamond in the sky....won't you come and sing with me?" And a deep bow. Oh, the shame.

2. Why is "W" pronounced "double U" when it's really a double V? In Spanish, I'm pretty sure that letter is pronounced as a double V. Yep, pretty darn sure if I'm remembering mi clase de espanol correctly.

I know what you're thinking. You're thinking, "Get a life, Pigs!" and I would love to. In fact, I have a pretty busy life most of the time, but in the back of my mind, guess what I'm humming? Bah! Get my straightjacket ready.

No comments: