Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Gifted and Talented

Having Piglet around has brought out talents I never knew I had. I've always been good at eating fast, thanks to my 8 years of 20 minute lunches at school, but now? Now I can wolf down a construction worker sized portion and then some in 5 minutes and still have room for more. I used to always have to get a box in a restaurant. Now, I finish my plate and then check out what's left on Mike's while I wait for dessert to arrive. I'm an absolute glutton. It's made me understand that episode of Desperate Housewives with the woman who was still nursing her five year old so she could eat all the Krispy Kremes she wanted.

My one-handed skills have dramatically increased in direct proportion with my man-like left arm strength. I can cook, do laundry, clean, feed Gus, take out trash, put make up on, you name it, all with one hand. It's fairly remarkable if I do say so myself.

Also, I discovered a new skill yesterday. As Piglet is with cold, he's kind of clingy (very out of character, he usually just wants to MOVE) and so I popped him in the Baby Bjorn so I could get some cleaning done. Suddenly, I had to pee. I'm proud to tell you that I can now pee with a fifteen pound wiggling mass attached to my chest. That's talent.

No comments: