Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yep.

You know, there are times when Texas is a very weird place to live, and there are times when it's just not that bad! Our current weather scenario being a combination thereof. I love, love, love that I can go out and play tennis in shorts and a t-shirt and get a SUNBURN on January 2. Love that. I don't really love these wildfires that are starting to freak me out. I live in front of a big cornfield. One accidental teenager's cigarette ash and we're goners. That's a lot of trust I have to put in these youth. A couple of days of humidity less than 10% is not that fun either. My contacts are crying for some juice. So that's the Texas Round-up.
I am slightly depressed that I have to go back to school tomorrow. I have had such a lovely holiday and I don't want it to end. I spent this morning doing errands: dentist [hygienist complimented my beautiful choppers], library [I accidentally put a book that a friend loaned me in the book slot, then tried to fish it back out until the voice inside told me to come on inside. When I went inside, the book had vanished. I left my phone number. She called me a little while ago to tell me that it had been found, but it was actually returned last week. Even though I wasn't here. And I just watched myself drop it in there this morning. Whatever.], post office [I bought about 60 37 cent stamps about two weeks ago. Smaaaaaaaart....], dry cleaners, and Bed, Bath and Beyond to go exchanging. Ah, good stuff.
So there I am....in denial about tomorrow and enjoying today. I think that is the way to live life. I believe that now Gus and I will adjourn to the backyard for a little laying out. Vitamin D is good for the soul and a little color is good for my skin.

No comments: