Tuesday, December 27, 2005

PPR (Pig's Product Reviews)

When is a return no longer a true return? I am increasingly annoyed by McDonald's repeated relaunching of the McRib sandwich. I have personally never eaten one of these divine looking treats, but if they are as fabulous as reputation claims, why are they not just made a regular menu feature? I'm sure it has something to do with creating demand by taking it away, yadda, yadda, but if that's the case, shouldn't this allegedly elusive sandwich remain away for more than a month or so at a time? I know this isn't fact, but I could swear that everytime I read a McDonald's billboard it says, "MCRIB IS BACK!" in bold excited letters. "Again?" I always think. How great can a soggy chunk of ribs on a fast food sandwich bun really be? Apparently, it must be incredible to acheive such remarkable hype.

Okay, that's all about that. I want to share my second product with you. I actually purchased a product solely based on my love of the commercial. You are, of course, aware of my love for the gross and bathroom related humor, right? I love, love the commercial for Mucinex! You know the one with the huge loogey that's running out of a sick person while carrying his luggage? How great is that advertising? I have DVR, but I always pause to watch my little loogey guy run off. Lucky me, I have another cold, courtesy my darlings at school I'm sure. This one's a nice throaty chest choker. I needed me some expectorant and immediately thought of Loog. I haven't had enough time for proper results yet, but will update you with new developments. I will say this: it's beating Robitussin already just by being in pill form. If you know of anything that tastes worse than Robitussin, please share here. I'm dying to know of its competition.

No comments: