Sunday, December 04, 2005

Ahhhhhhhhh.....

Well, pulling off dessert for 24 was fairly successful. We had way too much food and lots of fun, so I guess that's a good thing, right? I made the aforementioned cheesecake brownies and they tasted a lot better than they looked (recipe at bottom for those who requested. Will be bringing extras to work Monday).
I was wearing a great deal of the batter by the time I finished cooking, but they came out pretty tasty nonetheless. The husband spent much of the day waiting for me to finish cooking so he could "thoroughly" clean the kitchen. (My cleaning prowess is lacking, as I favor a technique my family refers to as snake killing. Cleaning like you're killing snakes is a little known and less favored practice which emphasizes speed and completion more than precision and, well, sanitation.) Once I finally completed my culinary tasks, the husband moved in to take over the cleaning process. Unfortunately, we experienced a slight setback when the husband began cleaning with such vigor that he somehow knocked not one, but two bottles of wine out of the wine rack on the counter and directly onto the ceramic tile where they promptly shattered and splattered. To keep my PG rating, I will edit and translate the husband's exact words following the debacle which left my kitchen smelling like a vineyard. It went a little something like this: "Dirty darn! There's glass and wine everywhere! Rats! Won't you please help me tidy up, my loving wife? Oops! It looks like I chipped one of the tiles. Shoot. Darling, won't you please pass the towels over here? Thanks, sweetie pie. I certainly do hope this red wine won't stain the grout. That would be most unfortunate. Let's clean it up quickly now, dear!" It was really almost just like that. Honest.

Brownie Cheesecake Recipe:
1 pkg. brownie mix 1 cup sugar
4 pkgs cream cheese 1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream 3 eggs
4 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate

Preheat oven to 350. Line 9X13 pan with foil, spray with cooking spray. Prepare brownie batter as the directions on the box say and pour into pan. Bake for about 15 minutes. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed. Add sour cream, then eggs, one at a time. Pour over partially baked brownie. Bake 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours. Drizzle with melted baking chocolate (I made a mess and had to spread mine) and cut into squares. Store in refrigerator. Yum-may!

No comments: