Thursday, November 24, 2011

Obligatory Thanksgiving Post

Obviously, I'm grateful for the usual stuff. But I'd like to take a look at the top ten things I don't think would appear on someone else's list.

1. My Chi. Yes, it's first. It's THAT important.

2. Flip flops. A year round item, less optimal this time of year, but still indisposable.

3. Sunshine. I have to see it to be totally happy. Cloudy days are a buzzkill.

4. YMCA Childcare. My kids actually like it, and I am in good shape and less stressed.

5. My library card. Free books. No brainer.

6. My toaster oven. At least 50% of my "cooking" takes place in this bad boy. And I can have instant tasty nachos in a flash.

7. The DVR. Without it, my children wouldn't be so confused by commercials or the concept of live television. Without it, there is no way I would remember to watch shows. Probably ever.

8. My 7th grade "computer" teacher. While I did master that Apple IIE, I also learned how to type. Fast.

9. Cataract surgery. Hi, I'm 80. But I can see again.

10. My sleep mask and my body pillow, Phil. Good sleep is the gift that keeps on giving.

No comments: