Monday, April 25, 2011

Broken

My new blog idea is to keep a list of everything my kids break. Just to have an official record for later when they whine about how I should give them money. I was going to write it down here, but I realized that my sidebar is probably not long enough to accommodate the list.

I told Piglet about the list I was keeping and how I wasn't buying him any new things until he could go a week without destroying something. He's broken something almost every day since. When I mention adding it to the list, he freaks out. "Nooooo! Don't put it on the liiiiiiist!" So, even though it's imaginary, maybe it's working? Probably not.

We're going back to the money jars this summer for reinforcing positive behaviors. I mean, they need some source of income to supply money for the things I plan to fine them for. Example: We have a gate at the top of the stairs. This gate exists so that when/if my children stumble to the bathroom at night, they won't fall headlong down the stairs in the dark. The gate is only closed by foolish children who then yell that they're stuck and who has to walk up there and open it? ME. And I don't like stairs. So this summer there's going to be a 25 cent fine for gate opening. Et cetera.

I'm not sure exactly how I got on this runaway topic. I was here to apologize for being absent. I've been pretty busy testing out my new eye. It's still a little weird, some flashing and spots here and there. The doctor says I can see the side of the new lens. Um, EW? Shudder. I just want to see and not really think about how I'm able to see. The weirdly lopsided vision is different and weird. I can't get used to not reaching for glasses in the morning or taking contacts [both] out before I read at night. It's really wild to be able to see the clock when I wake up at night. I'm pretty sure that the last time I was able to do that, I didn't know how to tell time. That's about all the update I have on that topic.

Off to start a never-ending list of all things broken in this house. Maybe I should just start with tomorrow.

No comments: