Sunday, March 20, 2011

I'm pooping rainbows here.

I've been thinking for three days. My sister challenged me to write a post without complaining. Seriously? How am I supposed to do that? I thought and I thought. Did I mention that my inlaws were here this weekend? That's not complaining, merely mentioning. In passing. You know. I could also mention that Mr. Pigs is sick as a dog, so it's like I have three kids. Oh, plus a wounded dog who is still on bedrest. Still just mentioning. Here comes my non-complaining blog post. I believe you will find it most boring, but THIS ONE IS FOR YOU, KATIE.

Ahem. Ahem.......a-HEM.

Over here in the gentle rolling hills of suburbia, the darling children and I spent a lovely weekend together with their grandparents. It was super fun, even though their daddy was a touch under the weather. They were generously gifted with many special treats! My house was filled with the sounds of laughter and the adorable clutter of an entire fleet of tiny plastic dinosaurs under foot - how sweet is that?? The darling little tooting songs from the musical party noise makers just added to everyone's delight. And who wouldn't laugh at how the boys handled there only being one punch balloon? Ha ha, those little stinkers!

Little Pigpen is such a joy. He does the cute, cutest thing....he keeps saying funny bathroom words at the dinner table! It makes him laugh and laugh and his time outs are really so very short....he probably enjoys them! And let's not forget Piglet. He was such a big boy at the urgent care this weekend when we went in for his ear infection! I'm so happy that he'll feel better that I can hardly even tell that the Omnicef makes him act like a wildlly hyperactive criminal! He is SUCH a hoot.

We all got a big laugh when a crying baby was seated beside us at the restaurant last night. We've all been there! I gave Mr. Pigs a loving, knowing smile....glad it's not us! We actually ENJOY the sound when it's someone else's kid! And Pigpen thought it was an absolute riot when the child threw up on the floor. He was even smart enough to announce it to the entire restaurant! Is our precious Pigpen a percocious little bundle, or what?

It was really a fan-tabulous weekend. The boys didn't break any major appliances! We can't wait for more Omnicef-filled fun this week! Love to all! Hugs all around. XOXO

There. You happy?

12 comments:

Katie Bonk said...

No. That is not "not-complaining". That is just pure sarcasm and lies. It was a bad time to give you that challenge with the in-laws visiting. Try again. :)

Katie Bonk said...

No. That is not "not-complaining". That is just pure sarcasm and lies. It was a bad time to give you that challenge with the in-laws visiting. Try again. :)

Katie Bonk said...

No. That is not "not-complaining". That is just pure sarcasm and lies. It was a bad time to give you that challenge with the in-laws visiting. Try again. :)

Katie Bonk said...

No. That is not "not-complaining". That is just pure sarcasm and lies. It was a bad time to give you that challenge with the in-laws visiting. Try again. :)

AMPlifier said...

See?  You CAN write a non-complaining post that is not boring!

AMPlifier said...

And, ps - I read that entire post from the comfort of my Hotmail inbox.  Color me satisfied!

Carrie said...

Oh dear god, I need to lance my eyes with knitting needles after reading that.  Reminds me of those happy, happy mommybloggers that you just know are on the verge of divorce.

katielady said...

What Carrie said.  One of those 'my life sucks but I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to let anyone know how truly horrible it really is!'  Only in the South, I tell ya.  And, since you live there, I will excuse it.  Very good impersonation, btw.

Pigs' Mom said...

I prefer your regular complaining with your well placed humor.

Pigs said...

There were no lies! Where were the lies?

Pigs said...

Ha ha....that's what I was channeling!

Michelle said...

On the bright side, you're pooping DOUBLE RAINBOWS!!