Sunday, February 08, 2009

Twue Wove...

Hey look! It's February! I was just sitting around today enjoying the 70 degree weather and thought, "Wow! It's almost February!" This brilliant thought illustrates my lack of a sense of time. It's just day after day of "who will sleep today?" and "which tooth will poke through next?" and "Ooh! Pigpen pooped 4 times today!".

You can imagine my surprise when I realized that I have to write Valentine's cards for the kids in Piglet's class. Really? I have to do that? (And how did it get to be February?) I always thought Valentine's Day was kind of dumb, but now I really think it's kind of dumb now that I have to do homework of sorts. The last time I thought Valentine's Day was nifty was in elementary school when we got to make a mailbox to collect our precious Valentine's cards in at the school party. My best one was the Clorox bottle that I made into a pig. Or maybe my sister did that. I don't know, my memory is terrible. But it was a pretty neat little mailbox....I have digressed considerably.

I wonder if I should pick the better looking Valentines for the girls that I know have a crush on him? At a birthday party recently, a little girl who fancies herself Piglet's girlfriend sat beside him to have a picture taken. Another little girl saw a space between them and sat down. Girl #1 was going to have none of that - ain't nobody gonna come between her and her man! - and she gave her a firm shove and sent her toppling to the floor, baffled as to what had happened. Piglet had not a clue what happened, as he was watching a balloon.

Well, that was a series of truly deep thoughts. I guess I'm off to sign Valentines for Piglet. Or go to bed. Yeah, I'm going to go to bed.

No comments: