Friday, February 27, 2009

$3.94. This one's for you, Roth.

I know some people think I have a little problem, but I can't tell you how super-fun it is to get all this stuff for $3.94:

$3.94. That's right, I'm awesome.

Well, not the fake decorative apples, but the rest. I actually had the decency to be mildly embarrassed when they had to send me over to the manager to let him check me out because the cashier didn't know if it was okay for me to pay that little. She seemed to think I was being shady, but I swear I wasn't.

I'm posting this for Jen's husband Roth who poo-pooed on my post about saving a whole bunch of money last week, so I thought I'd give him specific details. This purchase was originally $72.32 before sales and coupons. I will also say that some of this stuff is yucky processed food that normal healthy people don't eat, but my husband eats like a ten year old boy, so it works. Plus, if something is free, I'm going to get it whether I use it or not and at least donate it to charity. This is how I wound up with a cabinet full of cat food and treats.

So, this purchase included the following:

2 boxes of Special K multigrain crackers (who knew Special K made crackers?)

2 cans of Pam cooking spray

2 (big) bottles of Suave shampoo

3 boxes of Betty Crocker Brownie Supreme Mixes

1 bottle Lyson All Purpose Cleaner

2 boxes Kraft Deluxe Mac and Cheese

1 box Near East Couscous

2 boxes of Pop Tarts

2 (10 packs) Revlon Emory Boards

1 Cover Girl Bronzer (meoooooooow!)

1 Cover Girl Eyeshadow (Eddie, I've got about 4 of these for you.)

1 I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Olive Oil spread

2 (big) boxes of Life Cereal for Piglet



How about them apples? Well, not the apples, I told you they weren't included. But the rest of the stuff was pretty fun to pay only $3.94 for. The manager congratulated me. It was a good day.

No comments: