Monday, December 01, 2008

The Dumbing Down of My Brain

It seems that having a second child may affect one's ability to read books. I always list the books I read on the sidebar of ye olde blog, but lately I have felt mildly embarrassed to write some of them down. I have lost my ability to read anything above about an 8th grade reading level and am pretty sure my IQ is shrinking rapidly. Usually I read 50-60 books a year, but this year I'm hovering around 30. Oh, the shame.

I'm currently reading four books, but trying to focus on Twilight so that I can see what that fuss is all about. Of course, Eddie flew through it in about 2 days and is impatiently waiting for me to finish so that we can discuss. The sad part is that I can only read about a chapter at a time because someone is always waking up or I am falling asleep. It's a real problem. This morning I squeezed in a chapter after feeding Pigpen at 5:45am while I waited for him to fall back to sleep. (Via the monitor, not in my lap, but I can't sleep while he's talking and carrying on.) Then I caught another hour of zzz's before Piglet awoke.

Well, that was a stimulating post I know, but I had to bring up the elephant in the room, that is my sad, sad reading list over yonder. Bless its heart.

No comments: