Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hodge Podge

Arrrrgh. Ack. Gack. I detest being sick in general, but being sick when I'm pregnant and can't take medicine is simply wretched. How did I get sick? Me, the Germ Nazi? Well, when Piglet gets sick, it's all downhill from there.

We ventured to the great state of Georgia over the weekend to inspect our future homeland up close and try to find some areas we like. Of course, upon arrival, Piglet contracted the plague and it proved to be an impossible task to locate a pediatrician that would see him or an urgent care that saw children under 2. Many phone calls later, we found ourselves in a children's urgent care and got the big bad RSV diagnosis and left with an inhaler and a wicked cough.

Once that was all taken care of, we toured around with the person who was possibly one of the scariest realtors in the world. There are a few things that you don't want your realtor to say to you while driving you around. Among them:

"I finally got a new GPS! It was only $200 at WalMart. I hope you don't mind that I hold it between my legs when I drive."

"Whoa! Whooooooooooooa! [brakes slamming] This was-is my turn! [screech!]"

"Wow! I never knew all this was out here! I'm learning right along with you!"

"I never knew that! Wow!" [when told that the roads in Georgia are curvy and awkward and change names because of the differences in how the roads were planned, as compared to, say, Dallas.]

"I'm not really sure about that."

"Um....I'll have to ask someone about that."

"Can you read this map for me and get me back to that first neighborhood? I'm not sure where we are."

It made for a pretty long day. Afer I slid all over the backseat of the car and managed not to retch on the leather, I was relieved to know we had another realtor lined up to go around with the next day, who turned out to be fabulous. Whew! Now if we can just get everyone over various ailments and illnesses, we'll be good to go. In the meantime, I'm going to go lie down with my useless saline spray and box of Kleenex and feel sorry for myself. Boo, hiss.

No comments: