Saturday, February 03, 2007

What happens if a turtle gains too much weight?

Wow, busy week. It's amazing to me that I am only technically employed six hours a week, yet I manage to remain really, really busy all the rest of the time. It's been rare that I am home an entire day (unless it snows and then I become incapable of leaving the house due to my inability to drive in the mess). My dinky little six hour job works into a twelve hour job by the time I drop off and pick up Piglet, plus write all my lesson plans.

This week, we had pictures made at a real studio and Piglet was charming as always. Aside for a little drool and puke on their nice fabrics, I managed to leave unembarrassed. Realizing that I'm slightly biased, I still dare you to deny the cuteness:

Charmin?

I mean, come on. That could be a Charmin commercial! We won't elaborate on the fact that his head is the size of a watermelon and he still has that darn mullet, he's undeniably cute.

On another note, school is pretty fun. It kind of makes me glad I'm only there twice a week, but it's fun to nerd out teaching the writing to the high group of kids. The immature, disrespectful, undisciplined high group of kids, but it's fun nonetheless. I think for me it must be a control issue. If they were my kids and I'd taught them all year, I wouldn't feel bad being strict or issuing punishment, but it's hard when you don't know their teachers' expectations of them and you don't want to step on toes. The group winds up being kids from six different classes, so it's hard to name the cause for the brattiness. Let's just play it safe and go with parents. Parents paired with the fact that the principal has taken away all allowable consequences for students, but that shouldn't be a surprise for anyone who's been reading this blog for any amount of time.

At last it is the weekend. I'm wracking my brain for something to cook for a Super Bowl Party. Something easy, yet different. I'm trying to avoid the usual cookies, brownies, chips and queso-type fare. Off to ponder this challenging dilemma!

No comments: