Monday, January 01, 2007

Loony? A Peek Into My Brain...

In honor of the New Year, I'm curious to know how other people picture a year in their minds. I'm going to attempt to describe mine:

I visualize a year in my mind as a circle. Today, New Year's Day is at the top and July 4th is at the bottom. From there, it's divided into quarters, kind of like the school year. Winter ends around the 3:00 mark and that first section is white fading to light blue. Spring break generally falls at the end of that section. From 3:00-6:00 is spring and early summer, which is light blue fading into a light, then darker green. The school year ends in the middle of that section. From July 4th (6:00) until about 9:00 is kind of dark green fading to orange-y and concludes with Halloween. At this point, I'm not sure why, but November is brown and December is red and together those two months take up the final quarter. I know it's not mathematically aligned, but it looks all even and tidy in my head.

While I'm at it, I picture a week as a straight line, with one week following right after another. Each day has a color:

Sunday - yellow
Monday - red
Tuesday - orange
Wednesday - green
Thursday - brown
Friday - black
Saturday - blue

I'm either going to come off completely loony by posting this, or we're going to see exactly how loony everyone else is too.

No comments: