Saturday, December 23, 2006

Guest Room Encroachment, A Survey

We made it! After taking all of the advice from my comments, we had a very uneventful flight with Piglet. I think my favorite piece of advice was the one about safety pinning a blanket to the seat so there was no danger of boob flashage. I had debated just giving him a bottle instead of fooling with nursing, but it was just so much easier to whip it out (under the blanket now!) and feed. He slept the whole time in between, partially due I'm sure to his drug cocktail of Tylenol and Benadryl that the doctor recommended due to his ear infection. Score!

Upon arrival to the in-laws, he was promptly presented with a loud, colorful, overstimulating toy designed for six month olds that is continually waved in his face singing various songs until he cries. It's really good times all around.

While we're on that subject, I have a question. I know my opinion, but I'm trying to figure out what the societal standards are on this topic: When someone stays at your house and uses your guest room, what boundries should then be in place? I mean, it's your house, and therefore you own the room being that it's in said house, but then you've provided it to your guest for their use. So who has exclusive rights to the room? Should the guests be allowed full private use of the room, or should you be allowed to enter at will, as the owner of the home? Do the rules change depending on your relationship with the user(s) of the room? Is the fact that a crib is in the room of any relevance? I would truly love to hear your thoughts on this matter. Will disclose my opinion after reading yourn.

No comments: