Monday, December 11, 2006

Festive

Piglet and I have just returned from our weekly jaunt to the grocery store. He is totally happy as long as the cart is moving and rolling. Dare I stop to analyze the prices and my anal-retentive nature is so prone to doing, heaven help me. I compensate by dancing around and jigging the cart while I price compare. I always wind up getting the Kroger brand anyway, but sometimes, just sometimes, a coupon doubled can beat out their price. I've got to get a life.
I have to bring a dessert to Bunco tonight, so I decided to be crafty and copy this thingadoo I saw in a magazine: holiday brownies. Somehow, though, my icing came out to be Easter colors instead of red and green and my candy cane pieces got smashed to smithereens in my food processor, so I'm not really sure how those babies are going to turn out.

In other news, it's supposed to be 70 degrees here for at least the next seven days. I have the hardest time getting into the Christmas spirit when I'm wearing a t-shirt and have the windows open. I shouldn't complain, but it just doesn't seem festive. It probably doesn't help that I decided not to decorate this year. It's just too much work and I don't have time to chase Gus down everytime he gets an ornament or go rescue him from electrocution everytime he gnaws on the light cords. I just don't have that kind of time and we travel anyway. We have decided to forgo the eighteen hour drive home and just fly, so if anyone has advice on flying with a 3 month old, please share.

No comments: