Monday, October 09, 2006

Update

So! This parenting business? Never boring. I apologize for my sorry lack of posting, but I'm thinking people will understand. The piglet is living up to his name, eating often and with great enthusiasm. His gifts thus far include a powerful ability to bob his huge head around like a bird with his mouth gaping open, rooting on anyone who is holding him and making a little "O" shape with his mouth when he focuses on something new and interesting.

My favorite baby products so far include the sleep positioner, since he can roll onto his side and insists on sleeping that way, the Pack N Play which allows the munchkin to be in our room at night, and the Pampers Swaddlers, the newborn diaper that contains his impressive fecal blowouts.

You know I'm loving all of the potty humor. This kid may not look like me, but he has my sense of gas. I almost tore my staples out laughing at his little (big) poots and squirty mustard poops. Then he'll look up at me and belch like a sailor. That's my boy!

Now if we can just solve this spit up problem, I'll be happy. Here's where your comments might be helpful if you have any advice. Piglet likes to eat. A lot. He's feeding every 2.5-3 hours or so, sometimes 4 at night. The problem is that he spits up it seems like half of what he eats. I don't know if he's just being a glutton and that's overflow? He's nursing for about 20 minutes at a time, down from an hour a week ago. Clearly, he's gotten better at it. Also, between 11 and 2am each night, he is just not a big fan of the sleep. He eats usually between 10:30 and 11:30, then just can't settle down and gets lots of burps and tummy pains. I've tried Mylicon drops, but haven't seen much difference. Any ideas? It's not horrific, just something I would like to correct if I'm missing something obvious. Gracias.

No comments: