Friday, June 02, 2006

Schoooooool's out for summer!

(Is that song in your head now?) You know what's cool about summer? How much your priorities change so quickly. I was annoyed this morning when Gus woke me up at 8am, wanting to go out. (Normally, we get up at 6, so this is a 2 hour sleep in.) I had to actually put on some non-pajama clothes to take the trash out this morning so the neighbors would think I have been up for hours, working away. I strategically plan out my errand-running to make sure I have at least one place to go each day so that I don't contract cabin fever.
I have time to do the things that I want to do! I've always wanted to write a children's novel and I started one last summer and just now picked it up again. Here's my question to the blogosphere: Once I write this bad boy, then what do I do with it? I know no one in the publishing world to even ask about it. Would love some advice there.
Have you noticed my blog posts become all disjointed and rambly when I don't have specific, constructive things to complain about? What if my blog was only fun to read because of teaching? Gasp! I'd better start working on my post about the stool softeners, stat. Coming tomorrow.

No comments: