Friday, August 26, 2005

Mr. Owens Has Left the Building

I introduced you to Mr. Owens yesterday. You may wish to familiarize yourself with him, as I'm thinking he may become one of my primary characters this school year. Today he spiced up his vocabulary quiz by stating the appropriate definition followed by the words, "Ding! Ding! Ding! Whoooooop! Whoooooop! Mr. Owens gets the right answer and is named the Vocabulary Master!" He really livens up the paper grading process. I look forward to his paper in the stack just to see what he did that day. His sense of humor really helps me to overlook his inability to raise his hand in class. He's simply teeming with ideas, this child, and they just erupt forth at will. Now if I can just hone them into a composition, we could really have a live one on our hands in writing this year!
Happy Friday to you all. I plan to rest and recover. I'm already sick with my first cold. Argh!!

No comments: