Saturday, April 23, 2005

Benchmarks

It's my birthday today! I slept in and got a haircut. Two of my very favorite things. Why are birthdays so uneventful after 21? At 25, I think my rental car privileges improved...or maybe my car insurance dropped? Something equally exciting, I'm sure. The real event at 25 was that my metabolism shifted and my "getting late at the Bell" habit started to have visible consequences for the first time in my life.
What will my next big birthday be...50? Is it 50 when some restaurants count you for discount dining? Or is that 60? Not sure. At any rate, I'm 29 today. Many people have suggested that this be my last birthday and I should just keep turning 29 every year from now on, but what's the fun in that? I like a nice new number every year.
I wonder where I should eat tonight that someone might give me free cheesecake? Only if it's not accompanied by singing though. I would rather pay for the cheesecake than be serenaded in public. There is to be none of that.
Well, that's about all of the post excitement I can muster today. I think my day peaked when the elderly man from my church back home called my cell phone and sang me a rousing baritone Happy Birthday and told me he loved me! What more could I ask for?

No comments: