We have begun to see restroom antics again....no (number two:)) artistsas of date, but other things....grafitti, broken objects, general unkemptness...and then we did have a report of a pair of male underwear being seen and flushed down the toilet....that's a scary thought I know..to imagine how they got there, but..............Bottom line.....please monitor the use of the restrooms as much as possible.
Now, I realize that it's hard to ignore the overuse of elipses that my principal enjoys, but the essence of the message is really quite entertaining.
There are some advantages to my job, despite the many disadvantages.
- It's never boring
- Spring Break
- Thanksgiving Break
- Christmas Break
- Teacher presents
- Hugs all day long
- Don't have to sit in a cube or in front of a computer
- Kids are funny and good material for stories
- Can't pee all day
- 25 minutes for lunch, no going out
- Tutoring before or after work without pay
- Buying many of your own materials
- Kids and parents have no accountability
- State tests/district assessments all the time
- Have to deal with things like the Superflously Hormoned One (see previous story: Whack A Mole) stage whispering things to me all day like, "I need a PAD! Oooops!" while she points to her chair.
- Full time perky expectation from 8-4
- Can't run errands or go to doctor's appointments during day. Must take half day.
- Can't just take a day off - must write out instructions for sub to carry out entire day in your absence, then do clean up for half a day when you return.