Monday, December 18, 2006

Nyah, Nyah....

So, I took rattln along's advice from my comments in my American Airlines post and not only mailed my letter to American, but also emailed a copy to the Department of Transportation's complaint department. Booyah! I'm such a tattletale. I received this email from AA this morning....

December 18, 2006

Dear Ms. Pigs:

Through the courtesy of the Department of Transportation, I've received a copy of the complaint you filed with them. I'm very pleased to be given this opportunity to respond. From the comments you provided, it seems as if we need some improvement in the area of reservations.

Our reservations agents should make every effort to provide our customers with correct information and I'm sorry we didn't do so when you called us and asked about using your voucher toward the purchase of a ticket. From what I understand, it's necessary for you to send in the entire voucher (both pages). I hope this will be helpful for you in the future.

I have checked the voucher and, as you know, it has not been used toward the purchase of a ticket. With that in mind, I've voided the voucher and have issued another one. Since you incurred so many problems trying to use the voucher, I've increased the amount. It may be used toward the purchase of a ticket for future travel on American, American Eagle, American Connection or an airline in our oneworld alliance. The redemption ofthe voucher and subsequent ticketing must be handled by American Airlines' personnel. Certain restrictions apply when using this voucher toward a oneworld itinerary. In addition, the voucher is valid for one year from the date of issue. You can expect to receive it within a week to 10 days via the U.S. Mail.

More than ever before, Ms. Pigs, superior service is the key element for success in a competitive environment. I am sorry we failed to demonstrate this commitment. Please travel with us again; I know we can do better.

Sincerely,
Barbara J. Russell
Customer Relations
American Airlines

No comments: