Sunday, June 19, 2005

Delayed Reaction to 100 Things

I didn't have time to do this little game back when everyone else was doing it, so I'm a late participant. Unless you've never seen it done before, in which case I'm the first one to do it. It was all my clever little idea.

1. I've lived in 4 states and 6 cities.
2. I have one sister.
3. No one may touch my feet ever.
4. When I was little, my favorite food was fried chicken livers.
5. I hate going to the grocery store.
6. I also hate emptying the dishwasher.
7. My favorite place is the beach.
8. Cheese is my all time favorite food.
9. If I didn't have scoliosis, the doctor said I'd be two inches taller.
10. I am terrified of spiders.
11. My dad wouldn't let us eat candy or dessert until I was about 12.
12. I got my first cavity when I was 12.
13. I was the editor-in-chief of my college newspaper.
14. I thrived on writing editorials to stir things up.
15. My car is named Lucy. She is a Toyota RAV4.
16. I once got hit in the face with a raw egg while rollerskating.
17. I can walk on stilts.
18. I read incessantly.
19. I've watched Days of Our Lives since 4th grade.
20. I still watch The Real World.
21. When I used to babysit, I always ate junk food from their pantry.
22. I worked at Pizza Hut for 2.5 years in high school.
23. I went to a women's college.
24. I have a garden with tomatoes and peppers.
25. I am legally blind.
26. My hearing and sense of smell are incredible.
27. I took bowling for a PE credit in college. I'm still terrible.
28. I once had a mouse named Ralph.
29. I took Spanish for five years, but I learned most of my Spanish teaching.
30. I can't see those 3D pictures in the comics and it drives me insane.
31. I was on the diving team in high school. I wasn't fabulous.
32. I also ran hurdles for track. I had long, gangly legs.
33. I majored in psychology and accidentally became a teacher.
34. I don't like snakes, but I'm not really scared of them.
35. I like the way new rafts smell.
36. I've never caused a car accident, but two of my cars have been totaled. (Hmmm...)
37. I'm a terrible gambler.
38. I'm highly allergic to cats. Cats like me.
39. I have the most spoiled beagle in the world.
40. I'm terribly uncoordinated.
41. The first thing I ever had psuedo-published was a modern day version of a fairy tale: Little Pink Punky Hood. She had pink hair and carried a boombox on her shoulder.
42. I played the piano for 8 years. Now I can only play Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
43. I think I may have seen every episode of Friends. And I quote it way too much.
44. I still remember where all the hidden money is on Super Mario Brothers.
45. I don't really like going to concerts. Unless they are outside and I can lounge on the grass.
46. I broke a finger and a toe in the same door on different occasions.
47. I drive 18 hours straight through to go home for Christmas every year with Gus in the car.
48. I really like reading chick lit in the summer.
49. I reread my favorite books over and over again.
50. Some of my favorite kid's books include: Anne of Green Gables, The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles, Holes, Harry Potter, The Phantom Tollbooth, and Maniac Magee.
51. I've won two trophies playing tennis that I am ridiculously proud of.
52. My backyard overlooks a Texas cornfield. We get a lot of snakes.
53. I think it's weird that armadillos are roadkill here.
54. I just got Caller ID this past year. I think I was the last person ever.
55. I am obsessed with getting mail, checking email, and checking my mailbox at school.
56. I've trained my dog to howl and celebrate when we tell him it's Friday.
57. I can teach you about all of the North Carolina lighthouses.
58. I am a good cook and I enjoy cooking. And eating what I cook.
59. I am a major cheapskate. I clip coupons for fun and get a high off of sales.
60. My dad called my sister and I "boys" our whole lives. No one is really sure why.
61. We came out relatively normal anyway.
62. Despite my tales of woe, I really love teaching. It's never, ever boring.
63. My favorite movies are Shag, When Harry Met Sally, and Christmas Vacation.
64. My best friend and my husband can both quote pretty much all of Christmas Vacation.
65. I really like to name things.
66. I'm good at keeping plants alive. I like to name them too.
67. I didn't brush my hair for most of fifth grade.
68. I always like the book better than the movie. Except for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think Roald Dahl put some weed in there.
69. I get really attached to inanimate objects and feel bad when I have to give them away.
70. My second toe is longer than my big toe, which my mom says means I am bossy.
71. I once went through a car wash with the window open. It was a mistake.
72. The word spigot gets on my nerves.
73. I am a spelling nazi. It does matter and spellcheck is not everything.
74. I really like filling out forms.
75. I buy new washcloths every year because I'm paranoid that they might get sour.
76. I had a roommate for 3 years who didn't realize she had sour towels.
77. I love to color with Crayola crayons and to write with Crayola markers.
78. My obsession with school supplies is part of why I became a teacher.
79. I played in a handbell choir in 7th grade.
80. I am really good at remembering numbers.
81. I am skeeved out my touching my own collarbones or the back of my bellybutton.
82. When my sister and I were left home alone, we used to play Don't Touch the Floor. It involved walking on the kitchen table and climbing over the refrigerator. This was not safe.
83. I love anything Reese's.
84. Santa Claus still comes to my house at Christmas.
85. I am 29 years old.
86. Part of my bachelorette party involved singing karaoke in a double wide trailer that was a bar at the beach. I wore a coconut bra and received a t-shirt which read "I got trailor trashed at KoKoMo's." The misspelling is intentional.
87. When cliff jumping on my honeymoon, I tripped while going off the edge and had to spend the ride down regaining my balance.
88. I love to talk on the phone.
89. I have a genetic predisposition to gossip.
90. I have three chin hairs named Larry, Darryl, and Darryl.
91. I have one wild kinky hair that grows out of the top right corner of my head. I call him Mustafa and mail him to my mom everytime I pull him out with a note that says, "Who's My Daddy?"
92. People watching and eavesdropping are two of my favorite sports.
93. My favorite pair of shorts came from Goodwill. They were men's Wranglers and they have a dip ring on one pocket and a wallet mark on the other. My mom hates them.
94. The paint in my office is called Squirrel.
95. I love margaritas, frozen with salt.
96. I have been married for four years.
97. I love boiled peanuts and Bud Light, especially at football games.
98. I think that little kids should dress like little kids and not like Britney Spears.
99. I love writing on my blog, but wish I knew how to make it look prettier.
100. I really like making lists.

No comments: